Tuesday, October 19, 2010

#5 - Obtaining a Web Site

I had presumed that creating a web site to help promote my book would be simple. For some, perhaps? For me, more than intended. Those I’ve spoken with uniformly recommend I obtain one.
My preliminary exploration included this criteria – I wanted something reasonably simple, one I could manage and update myself when and if necessary. Also wanted something inexpensive – under $300 (preferably less) if possible. My current personal BLOG seemed not the vehicle to promote the book. Also need one-on-one help/guidance in assembling the layout and features from someone who knows the process.
Another wrinkle: I want to use . That domain is registered to my nephew (intended for his son 8 years old - also named Jack). He’s willing to relinquish control to me. I called my nephew to explain the problem. I learned he's built several websites and volunteered to build mine. We've agreed he will retain control, maintain the site and make edits as I need changes. Great kid! Now I need to determine what it should contain and prepare the material.

No comments: